Discover Boating Hands-On Skills Training—ON-THE-WATER sailing workshops offered only at the show!
Nothing beats hands-on training to improve your sailing skills and build more confidence at the helm. This year’s show features a selection of on-the-water training designed to add more fun to your boat show experience and take your sailing skills up a notch. Whether you are a newcomer or an experienced sailor, there’s something for everyone!
LEARN FROM EXPERTS. All sessions are taught by USCG-licensed captains who are certified, professional instructors. All participants must be able to work as an active crew member while underway; crew members younger than18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Fundamental Sailing Skills for Cruising Sailboats – Are you new to Sailing (or just a little rusty)? Learn how easy and fun sailing is during this on water learning event that covers the most essential sailing skills.
- Anchoring. Whether you're dropping the hook in a deserted cove for a quiet lunch or pulling into a crowded anchorage for the week, solid anchoring skills will help minimize your anxiety and assure the safety of your boat (and those around you!).
- Docking Under Power & Close Quarters Boat Control. This is an important skill although one that is not often practiced except when departing and returning to the slip. Learn practical skills and docking strategies to take the anxiety out of difficult or tricky docking situations,
Participation is VERY limited; advance registration is highly recommended. Registration fee is $50 in advance or $75 at the show. Advance registration includes FREE same day show admission. For more details and to REGISTER NOW in these two hour underway workshops, CLICK HERE.
- Essential Cruising & Charter Skills—Vessel Management in an offshore environment —for monohulls
- If you're dreaming of expanding your sailing horizons and want to increase your skills and confidence before you venture out, this 3-hour underway learning event is just the ticket… It's also a great place to learn some of the key skills needed to explore exotic locations anywhere in the world via a bareboat charter.
- Introduction to Cruising Catamarans—the perfect “Charter Starter”. This exclusive program is ideal for newcomers and monohull sailors with little to no experience on multihulls - and it's the perfect way to see if a cruising catamaran – your own or chartered -is in your future.
Don't miss this tremendous learning opportunity with expert instructors. Registration fee: $99 in advance or $125 at the show. Participants who register online will also receive FREE admission to the show for the day. Space is very limited—advance registration is highly recommended. Don't miss out—Reserve your spot in these unique workshops NOW!
For more details and to REGISTER, CLICK HERE.
Exclusive Offer: Participants will get Free Membership to BoatUS and 10% discount on annual BoatUS 24 hour towing services program upon completion of a HOST course.
New for 2015! Beautiful Biscayne Bay Sunset Cruise
This year love is in the air and on the water!
Celebrate the Valentine’s Holiday weekend on the water with a loved one—Join us at Progressive® Insurance Strictly Sail® Miami to for a Sunset Cruise on the beautiful Biscayne Bay followed by a private wine and cheese reception.
This amazing opportunity has very limited availability, so register early.
Sunset Cruises will be held Friday, Saturday & Sunday, February 13, 14 & 15.
The cruise will be from 4:30 pm–6:30 pm followed by a private wine & cheese reception from 6:30 pm–7:30 pm.
Fee: Individuals – $150.00
Couples – $250.00
Groups of two or more will receive the group discount price of $125 per person.
To register CLICK HERE
Two Can Sail Couples Cruising Seminar
Seminar Fee: $295/couple ($175 single), includes two, one day tickets to the show,
Date: Saturday, February 14th
Location: Holiday Inn Portside
Cruising is done primarily by couples. Two Can Sail, Sea-Tech Systems, Blue Water Sailing magazine,The American Sailing Association, and Weems & Plath, are sponsoring this seminar to help couples learn how to take the drama out of their dream, from choosing the right boat to sailing away together in harmony. The seminar is hosted by couples instructors and lifelong cruisers and Captains Jean Levine and Jeff Grossman.
Team Jeff & Jean specialize in working with couples and bring this focus to their Two Can Sail Couples Cruising Seminars. These seminars are a forum to share the knowledge they have gained in the unique aspects that are found with one couple on a cruising boat, and their experience from over 60 combined years of cruising and teaching sailing. Guest Speakers include Liza Copeland and Lee Chesneau.
Registration and Details at:
TwoCanSail.com or Email: Info@TwoCanSail.com or Call: 727-644-7496
Toward Self-Reliance in Weather Forecasting:
Lee Chesneau’s Marine Weather One Day Basic Marine Weather Course
Date: Sunday, February 15th
Time: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Holiday Inn - Key Biscayne 10th Floor
When you’re out there, you are on your own, trusting that you are prepared for the elements. In “Assessing Your Marine Weather Self Reliant Skills” seminar at Strictly Sail Miami, the full day course offering is designed to improve those skills.
Summary of the one-day Introduction to “Basic Marine Weather” is an entry-level one-day course for attendees with little or no marine weather background. The course covers an introduction to 101 weather principles, the language of weather (specifically important definitions), common surface weather systems and their features (e.g., lows, highs, fronts, troughs & ridges), the typical weather symbols commonly found on surface pressure weather charts; what goes into a human intelligence originated forecast, and finally how to document and verify all surface weather forecasts for confidence building; & and learning to become self-reliant in your own marine weather forecasting skills. There will also be a very brief introduction on weather communications at sea.
This one-day special costs only $99.00 per person (normally $195.00). A Separate interactive note taking guide will be offered separately at $20.00 which covers all the graphics covered in class. .
Whether coastal cruising in Tampa Bay or Biscayne Bay or cruising to the Bahamas or the Caribbean, or even further offshore to other shores, do not miss this opportunity to learn what it means to become self-reliant in marine weather and forecasting!
Thursday, February 12, 2015
Friday, February 13, 2015
Saturday, February 14, 2015
Sunday, February 15, 2015
Monday, February 16, 2015